Health and Wellness Initiatives
Healthy District - Healthy Schools - Healthy Lives
Hillsborough County Public Schools has implemented several health initiatives available to students and employees throughout the district. This web page provides information on some of the exciting measures being taken to ensure a Healthy District – Healthy Schools – Healthy Lives.
Hillsborough Healthy Schools
Hillsborough County Public Schools was recently recognized for achieving "Gold Status" as one of Florida's Healthy School Districts for 2017-2019. Only eight school districts in Florida achieved this level. To continue to celebrate our schools’ accomplishments we invited our schools to participate in the Hillsborough’s Healthiest Schools initiative.More info
HCPS 90x20 Team - Going for the Gold
Hillsborough County Public Schools (HCPS) has partnered with the Publix Gasparilla 5K Distance Classic to promote the initiative of 90% graduation rates by 2020, and wellness via walk/run clinics for students, families, teachers, staff and community members. We are promoting wellness and academic achievement through physical activity and goal-setting.More info
Healthy Heart Challenge
Students, schools and community partners have fun, learn how to stay healthy and make a difference in the lives of others through Play 60, Jump Rope for Heart, and Hoops for Heart!More info
Wellness Connection - exciting news about employee wellbeing, events and opportunities across the District!More info
A personalized wellness and rewards program for employees! Participate in education, prevention, healthy living and fitness activities at your pace and earn ‘Bucks’ you can use in the Go365 Mall.More info
- District Wellness Policy
- Health Services
- Physical Education (Elementary)
- Physical Education (Middle School)
- Physical Education (Secondary)
- Psychological Services
- Student Nutrition Services
Tips for Healthy Living
- Drink lots of water - Staying hydrated has a positive effect on your body and mind.
- Eat healthy foods - Eating healthy makes you feel great, have more energy, improves health and stabilizes mood.
- Exercise - Exercising helps you stay fit and helps prevent heart disease.
- Stretch - Stretching is not only good for the body but helps relax the mind.
- Get a good nights sleep - Getting plenty of rest helps your mind and body function.
- Visit your doctor - Regular doctors visits can help prevent serious illness.